5.11 ATAC 8″ Boot – A Great All Round Smart and
Functional Boot Purpose Built for High Octane Reliability
The 5.11 ATAC 8″ Boot is your key to classic tactical footwear with extreme comfort from the latest in tactical boot technology.
Back to basics, in the books of this vet of several warzones, is meant in the best possible way.
Call me old fashioned because I am. I’ve seen too many feature stuffed boots literally fall apart at the seems at what should be the half life of a genuine tactical boot with tactical form, function and wear.
There remains nothing more solid, long lasting and supportive (and smart for that matter) than a one piece leather constructed boot. Period.
While there is much to be said for the recent deluge of lightweight, ventilated, complex construction of boots, there’s no way that a boot put together with multiple stitching and materials is going to outlast a classic one piece leather boot.
The more features in the upper, the more vulnerabilities and weaknesses. It’s a fact of design, manufacturing, and of life.
As for the sole (inner and outer), that’s where the comfort of a boot counts. You’re on your feet and that’s where you need the hard work done. And this boot is full on for base comfort.
And at the price, you’re more than 100% in the black. It’s cheaper (check price on Amazon) than the complex, multi featured designs and lasts three times as long. You can’t lose.
The 5.11 ATAC Storm is a hard-working, classic design boot providing optimal tactical functionality in speed, comfort, design agility, and across a broad range of operational environments.
Crafted from full grain leather and durable, breathable nylon for a clean, professional appearance, the 5.11 ATAC boot is designed to satisfy military, special forces, law enforcement and special tactics operatives throughout the world
5.11 ATAC 8″ Boot in Desert Beige Suede
5.11 ATAC 8″ Boot in Black Leather
• Integrated side zip which allows quick on and off.
• Moisture wicking anti-bacterial lining.
• Integrated mesh vents.
• Generous open cell foam cushioning provide breathable comfort in any climate.
• A covert pocket at the ankle adds tactical utility (covertly carry keys, small blades, coins, small tools, money, ID etc)
• Slip and oil-resistant no-squeak sole for added stealth and traction,
• Semi-rigid reinforced heel and toe structures offer added protection and a stable stance.
• 5.11 Shock Mitigation System for extra comfort on your feet maximize compression and rebound, enhancing stamina, speed, momentum and stability crossing any surface.
• Interior lining offers protection against blood-borne pathogens*.
• Injection molded high density phylon midsole.
• High quality, durable YKK zipper
• Sausage laces that stay tied
• Triple stitching on all seams
Promotional Video of the 5.11 ATAC Tactical Boot
Independent Review of the 5.11 ATAC Tactical Boot
Blood-Borne Pathogen Resistance Disclaimer*
َQuoted from ATAC Boot Page on 5.11 site
If indicated, an independent laboratory has tested this product and has found that the materials and seams provide passing results when tested in accordance with ASTM F 1671, Standard Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood-Borne Pathogens. It is important to note, however, that, even though garment materials and seams may satisfy the standards of ASTM F 1671, it might not provide an adequate barrier to viruses in all conditions and our products will not protect the wearer from all blood-borne pathogens and viruses under all conditions.
All end users will need to assess the specific hazards in their workplace in order to determine the appropriate types and levels of personal protective clothing and equipment that they might need. To maintain proper performance, 5.11® products must be maintained in accordance with the care instructions on the product label